Yi Fang is an assistant professor in the
Department of Computer Engineering,
Santa Clara University.
He received Ph.D. from the Department of Computer Science,
His Ph.D. thesis advisor was Professor Luo Si.
His major research interest is Information Retrieval.
Organizing CIKM 2016 Workshop on Data-Driven Talent Acquisition with Maarten de Rijke and Huangming Xie.
Recent Publications. [Complete List]
- Mengwen Liu, Yi Fang, Dae Hoon Park, Xiaohua Hu, Zhengtao Yu. Retrieving Non-Redundant Questions to Summarize a Product Review. In Proceedings of the 39th International ACM SIGIR Conference on Research and Development in Information Retrieval, 2016.
Dae Hoon Park, Yi Fang, Mengwen Liu, and Chengxiang Zhai. Mobile App Retrieval for Social Media Users via Inference of Implicit Intent in Social Media Text.
. In Proceedings of the 25th ACM International Conference on Information and Knowledge Management (CIKM), 2016. (To appear)
Yi Fang, Mengwen Liu. A Unified Energy-based Framework for Learning to Rank
. In Proceedings of the ACM SIGIR International Conference on the Theory of Information Retrieval (ICTIR), 2016.
Yi Fang, Archana Godavarthy, Haibing Lu. A Utility Maximization Framework for Privacy Preservation of User Generated Content. In Proceedings of the ACM SIGIR International Conference on the Theory of Information Retrieval (ICTIR), 2016.
Yi Fang has developed and taught four new courses at Santa Clara University:
COEN 272 Web Search and Information Retrieval
COEN 240 Machine Learning
COEN 169 Web Information Management
COEN 60 Introduction to Web Technologies
For more information, please see the
- Tutorial Chair, IEEE BigData, 2016
- Local Chair, CIKM, 2013. (Outstanding Service Award)
- Local Chair, ICME, 2013. (Outstanding Service Award)
- Senior Program Committee, CIKM, 2016
- SIGIR, 2013-2016; ECIR, 2013-2016; IEEE BigData, 2013-2016; AAAI, 2015; IJCAI, 2013
- Panelist for National Science Foundation
- Journal reviewers: Journal of the American Society for Information Science and Technology (JASIST), Information Processing & Management (IPM), ACM Transaction on the Web, ACM Transaction on Interactive Intelligent Systems,
ACM Transactions on Information Systems (TOIS),
ACM Transactions on Intelligent Systems and Technology (TIST),
IEEE Transactions on Knowledge and Data Engineering (TKDE),
IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems,
Pattern Recognition Letters,
Information Processing Letters