The mission of the Computer Engineering Department is to graduate students of competence, conscience, and compassion, who are prepared to excel in the field of computing, whether their objective is to enter the workforce or to continue for advanced studies. Our programs combine the theoretical foundations of computing with the practical engineering knowledge vital to industry, to provide a broad and integrated curriculum. At the graduate level, the department provides advanced and specialized education in computing, offered in formats that meet the needs of both working professionals and full-time students. The Ph.D. program equips students with the ability to advance the state of knowledge in their specialty area. As faculty, we continually strive to contribute to the advancement of the field of computing through our scholarly activities and those of our students.
B.S. in Computer Science and Engineering
- Our graduates will achieve success in their professional endeavors, equipped with the liberal education and technical expertise required for the creative practice or advanced study of computing, will be motivated to communicate and work effectively in diverse personal and professional settings, and will demonstrate an appreciation of lifelong learning through continued personal and professional development.
- Our graduates will understand their personal and professional ethical responsibilities, and will observe and promote the highest ethical standards.
- Our graduates, equipped with their knowledge of science and engineering, will engage in activities that contribute to the benefit of society.
B.S. in Web Design and Engineering
- Our graduates will be able to analyze, design and improve the computational infrastructure of the World Wide Web.
- Our graduates develop interactive multimedia content that is appealing, engaging, effective and easy to use.
- Our graduates will be guided by an understanding of and sensitivity to, the social, political, ethical and legal relationships between their work and those that it affects.
M.S. in Computer Science and Engineering
- Students graduating with the MSCSE should understand a broad level of core theoretical principles in computer engineering that enables them to continually master the evolving tools, techniques, and trends in technology.
- Students graduating with the MSCSE should understand the principles in a specific area of concentration and be able to apply the principles to solve related computer engineering problems.
- Students graduating with the MSCSE should develop an understanding of the human dimension of their professional work.
M.S. in Software Engineering
- Students graduating with the MSSE should understand the theoretical principles that enable them to continually master the evolving tools, techniques, and trends in technology.
- Students graduating with the MSSE should understand and be able to work with a broad variety of current models and techniques in software technology in reliably, predictably, and cost-effectively producing software systems.
- Students graduating with the MSSE should possess the skills needed to serve as lead designers, chief engineers, and project managers, including comprehension of ethical responsibilities, oral and written communication skills.
Ph.D. in Computer Science and Engineering
- Our Ph.D. students will make a significant contribution to research and development in the fields of Computer Science and Engineering.
- Our Ph.D. students will have a thorough understanding of the basics of Computer Science and Engineering.
- Our Ph.D. students will enhance the role of faculty as teaching scholars.
- Our Ph.D. students will profit from the Jesuit character of the university in the development of the full person.