As a SCU student, you have access through the library to the Digital Libraries of IEEE, IEEE Computer Society, and ACM and you also have access to printed journals. You can also try citeseer.com for web-copies of papers.
You are not limited to these articles. That I included an article in this list does not constitute a judgement of value on the article itself, just a judgement on its appropriateness for the paper report.
- Memory Hierarchy
- J. Gray, P. Shernoy "Rules of Thumb in Data Engineering,"
ICDE 2000, April 20000, San Diego, or http://research.microsoft.com/scripts/pubs/view.asp?TR_ID=MSR-TR-99-100 http://citeseer.nj.nec.com/345488.html
- J. Gray, G. Graefe: "The Five-Minute Rule Ten Years Later, and Other Computer Storage Rules of Thumb",
SIGMOD Record 26(4) 1997: pp. 63-68
- Lee Breslau, Pei Cao, Li Fan, Graham Phillips, and Scott Shenker. Web Caching and Zipf-like Distributions: Evidence and Implications. Technical Report 1371, Computer Sciences Dept, Univ. of Wisconsin-Madison, April 1998.
- P. Cao and C. Liu. "Maintaining Strong Cache Consistency in the World Wide Web." IEEE Transactions on Computers, 47(4):445--457, Apr. 1998.
- Brad Duska, David Marwood, and Michael J. Feeley. The measured access characteristics of World Wide Web client proxy caches.
In USENIX Symposium on Internet Technology and Systems, Monterey, California, USA, December 1997. USENIX Association. http://www.usenix.org/publications/library/proceedings/usits97/duska.html.
Solid State Memory
- Yang, Rahman, Mourad: "Signal Integrity and Design Consideration of an MCM for Video Graphic Acceleration, IEEE Trans on Adv. Packaging 24(3), Aug. 2001
Error and Erasure Correcting Codes Magnetic Recording Magnetic Disks
- Kester Li, Roger Kumpf, Paul Horton, Thomas Anderson, "A Quantitative Analysis of Disk Drive Power Management in Portable Computers",
Proc. of Winter 1994 USENIX Conference, January 1994, pp 279-292.
- F. Douglis, P. Krishnan, and B. Marsh, "Thwarting the Power Hungry Disk,"
Proceedings of the 1994 Winter USENIX Conference (January 1994).
Optical Recording Disk Arrays
- Xiang Yu, Benjamin Gum, Yuqun Chen, Randolph Y. Wang, Kai Li, Arvind Krishnamurthy, and Thomas E. Anderson. Trading Capacity for Performance in a Disk Array.
Symposium on Operating Systems Design and Implementation, October 2000.
- Jiri Schindler, John L. Griffin, Christopher R. Lumb, and Gregory R. Ganger. Track-aligned extents: matching access patterns to disk drive characteristics.
Conference on File and Storage Technologies (Monterey, CA, 28--30 January 2002).
- J Hsieh, M. Lin,J.C.L. Liu, D.H.C Du, "Performance of a Mass Storage System for Video-On-Demand".
Journal of Parallel and Distributed Computing, Vol. 30, No. 2, pp.147-67, Nov. 1995.
Network Attached Storage
|© 2003 Thomas Schwarz, S.J., COEN, SCU SCU COEN T. Schwarz COEN 180|